The ultimate modeling, acting, dancing and singing event of the year. Many of the celebrities you know and love were discovered right here at IMTA. Here at That IMTA Blog, we'll give you all the news and inside scoops on our alumni's success as they continue to work hard at pursuing their dreams.

Monday, November 30, 2015

IMTA Alum Katie Holmes on the Cover of Ocean Drive!

IMTA Alum Katie Holmes is on the cover of the December issue of Ocean Drive! The Miami magazine has a great article and photos from a six hour photo shoot with eight wardrobe changes! Katie first showcased her potential at IMTA in 1993 & 1995 with Starbound Entertainment Group of Toledo, OH!  Katie competed in many IMTA modeling and acting competitions and she even made it as a finalist for the IMTA Talent Showcase where she danced! Here's an excerpt from a letter Katie wrote us shortly after she was cast in Dawson's Creek:
"On July 23, 1995 my life changed. This particular Sunday, evening, I found myself in the New York Hilton for the International Modeling and Talent Association convention. I was sitting in one of the ballrooms reciting a monologue in front of about 50 other contestants, as well as Al Onorato, David Guillod and Bobby Moresco, the men who were conducting this seminar on "Prepare to Compete". After I had finished, Al and Bobby offered some direction and had me alter it a little. I used my nervous anxiety to help me become more intense and, following my second performance, I felt elated. It was clear to me that something very special occurred in that ballroom that evening."

To read Katie's entire letter, please see our blog!

No comments: