The ultimate modeling, acting, dancing and singing event of the year. Many of the celebrities you know and love were discovered right here at IMTA. Here at That IMTA Blog, we'll give you all the news and inside scoops on our alumni's success as they continue to work hard at pursuing their dreams.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Katie Leclerc to Guest-Star on Community!


IMTA Alum Katie Leclerc will guest-star on the fifth season of NBC's Community!  Katie will play Carol, a hearing impaired sign language teacher.  Katie competed at IMTA at the age of 15. She attended an IMTA Convention in New York where she met her first manager who helped launch her acting career.
Here are some excerpts from a Q & A Katie did for us!
How did participating at IMTA help you launch your career?
Katie: I got my first Manager from participating in IMTA. I learned a lot from her and will never forget the experiences I had.

What advice for future IMTA Contestants?
Katie: IMTA can be a launch pad for you or it can be a vacation for you. I got the best advice I've ever received right before going into my first competition. My dad said "define the moment, don't let the moment define you." If you REALLY want a career in the entertainment industry IMTA can help put you in front of people that will make you connections but you have to make it happen.


No comments: