The ultimate modeling, acting, dancing and singing event of the year. Many of the celebrities you know and love were discovered right here at IMTA. Here at That IMTA Blog, we'll give you all the news and inside scoops on our alumni's success as they continue to work hard at pursuing their dreams.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Whitney Gamble books lead role in feature film! With an exclusive IMTA interview!

Whitney Gamble booked a lead role in Por Vida, a feature film starring Danny Glover, Laz Alonso, and Snoop Dogg about South L.A. gangs. Whitney competed at IMTA LA 2007 and signed with Kim Flowers Management and Diverse Talent Group. Whitney was first runner up for Ready for My Closeup and was an Honorable Mention for Fitness Model of the Year! Whitney is also a former Miss Teen Georgia.

An IMTA insider exclusive interview with Whitney is below!

IMTA: What was it like working on the movie?

Whitney: Working on the movie was a wonderful experience. Alan Jacobs, the director, Danny Glover, Laz Alonso, and Snoop Dogg all made me feel extremely comfortable being that this was my first time on camera. We worked on set from 7am until 9pm almost everyday we shot and were well taken care of! I worked hard on my scenes with the director and cast mates and tried to bring believability with every take, because after all that is what playing a character is all about. Believability and connecting with the audience.
IMTA: What kind of experience was IMTA for you?

Whitney: IMTA was definitely a LIFE changing experience. I would still be in good ol' Savannah, Georgia wondering how I am going to accomplish my career goals if it weren't for IMTA. IMTA gave me the chance to be in front of REAL industry professionals who could help get my career started. IMTA also gave me my chance to shine without having to worry about anyone else. Yes there were competitions, but IMTA was also a showcase in which everyone got a chance to put their best foot forward. I did and look where IMTA and ALOT of determination got me.
IMTA: What's next for you?

Whitney: Wow there is so much! I am going to begin writing a script for a movie based on my life experinces and how I overcame alot to get to where I am today. I have made great connections with people in the industry who are willing to help. I'm also attending college in the mean time because getting an education is VERY important. I want to obtain a degree in Film and Television from UCLA in the future. Of course I want to continue doing film and television. Hopefully "Por Vida" will launch the beginning of a promising career in acting!

We look forward to seeing a lot more of Whitney Gamble soon!


Judy said...

Whitney, we look forward to hearing and seeing more of you on film

chels said...

omg whitney i want 2 be just like u and im only 13. i wanted to model, act dance and do everything. I started liking all these activities when i was about 7 years old. Right now i just graduated a actin/modeling school, named John Casablancas, and i also did pageants like u 2. Im also looking 4 an agent and if u have any reccomendations just tell me

Shanelley Boo said...

Yep.....That's my BIG SIS!!!!....I LOVE YA so much and I'm sooooo PROUD of you!!!! You REALLY DON'T know how much of an inspiration you are to me! I can't wait until my REAL DANCING CAREER gets started so we can be chillin' in L.A. sippin' our drinks and cashing checks....LOL..............

Love Ya,

Horace said...

Awesome!! Great job Whitney Gamble! I am proud to see that you are headed in the right direction. I pray as a young African American women in this industry you are beyond great at what you do. GOD bless you and your career.

Yours Truly

Horace Pollock

Justin "Tha Broke Man" Wright said...

hey hey hey its justin the COUSIN of my COUSIN i just want to give a shout out to Danny Glover and Snoop Dog lets get this movie thing popin. Im talented love money all the lethal weapons and snoop dog albums. I always knew MY COUSIN was going to be somebody in life coming from the hometown of OUTKAST. Keep doing your thing Whitney!

hueblue11 said...

haha, this is too cool whitney! i'm glad things are going well for you. i know this is only the beginning for you. love ya.

Jan said...

Hi Whitney, A shout out from one of your former drama teachers--Miss Jan--from Jax JRP. I so enjoyed you in my class and knew you would be able to realize your dreams! You go, girl! And stay as grounded as you were when I knew you--I know that will be hard, but I will be rooting for you. Look forward to seeing your new movie.
Jan Cote-Merow